I have been publishing posts aimed at helping people prepare for the MB2-710 certification. (Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Online Deployment.)
Here I will provide a collection of these posts aligned to the skills measured. My intention being that collectively these posts will provide a complete revision guide.
Good luck with the exam and please let me know if these notes are useful.
Revision Notes (Introduction)
Implement a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online deployment
- Access Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Describe methods for accessing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online; identify supported browsers; identify supported phone operating systems; describe requirements for Dynamics CRM for tablets; identify supported web browsers; identify user subscription license types; describe subscription add-ons
- Plan a deployment
- Identify the storage requirements; plan security; determine the number of instances and licenses that are required; identify implications of implementing single sign-on
- Import data
- Compare the methods for importing data; import data by using the Import Data Wizard; identify limitations of import processes
- Customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Create new fields; modify values for option sets; modify entity forms; create new entities and reports; modify views and dashboard.
Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Configure subscriptions
- Identify methods to sign-up for a subscription; identify subscription requirements; describe the subscription cancellation process; describe the methods for purchasing add-ons
- Manage users
- Identify the methods to add users to Dynamics CRM Online; assign Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online licenses to users; assign security roles; enable and disable users; describe non-interactive users; mark a user as non-interactive; identify administrative roles
- Synchronize user accounts
- Compare Dynamics CRM Online accounts with company accounts; describe user synchronization; identify the steps to synchronize Active Directory with Office 365; describe Active Directory Federation Services
Manage Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Administer Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online instances
- Define instances; describe the relationship between instances subscriptions, tenants and security groups; describe instance types; set instance properties; switch an instance; reset an instance; place an instance in administrative mode; delete an instance; describe methods to copy an instance; create a copy of an instance
- Describe tenant considerations
- Identify limitations on the number and type of instances per tenant; configure the region for a tenant; describe limitation and requirements for multiple tenants
- Manage storage and administrative notifications
- Identify the storage limit for a subscription; describe the implications of reaching the storage limit; view resources used; identify requirements and limitations for sending administrative notifications
- Describe the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online update policy
- Identify the frequency of updates; describe the update process; determine the version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online; skip updates; approve updates; determine what updates are available; reschedule an update
Manage related services
- Describe related services
- Identify related online services; integrate Microsoft Social Engagement with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online; manage campaigns with Microsoft Dynamics Marketing
- Integrate Yammer and SharePoint Online
- Describe Yammer and SharePoint Online; identify SharePoint Online integration types; describe the integration process
- Integrate OneNote, Skype, Skype for Business, Office 365 Groups, and OneDrive for Business
- Compare Dynamics CRM Notes and OneNote; identify storage location for OneNote notebooks; configure OneNote integration; integrate Skype and Skype for Business; identify limitations for Skype and Skype for Business; describe Office 365 Groups; identify requirements for Office 365 Groups; integrate Office 365 Groups with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Manage mobile device apps
- Install and use mobile device apps
- Identify the mobile apps for phones and tablets; describe requirements for mobile apps; identify supported mobile device hardware and software; install mobile apps; configure security privileges; describe restrictions for working offline; create draft records
- Configure entities for mobile
- Identify entity types that can be accessed from mobile apps; hide form components; enable dashboards for mobile apps
Implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook
- Deploy Dynamics CRM for Outlook
- Identify supported operating systems; describe required software components; compare Dynamics CRM for Outlook versions; identify deployment methods; configure Dynamics CRM for Outlook; configure multiple organizations
- Configure offline capabilities
- Describe offline capabilities; identify fields that can be synchronized; describe limitations for synchronized fields; configure synchronized fields
- Select an email processing option
- Identify email processing options; describe the advantages of each email processing option; identify limitations and requirements for each email processing option
- Track and correlate email
- Compare email tracking with email correlation; describe user options for automatic tracking; describe correlation options; identify limitations of folder-level tracking; configure folder-level tracking for Exchange folders
- Manage mailbox records and email
- Describe synchronization methods for incoming and outgoing email; configure the default synchronization method for users and queues; describe mailbox records; configure approval for email addresses
Manage server-side synchronization
- Configure server-side synchronization
- Describe server-side synchronization; identify server-side synchronization features and supported configurations; set the email processing method; configure mailbox records
- Set up a forwarding mailbox
- Describe mailbox forwarding; create a forward mailbox record; add email forwarding rules for users; add mailbox records to server profile; enable mailboxes; test email configuration; describe synchronization alerts; view the Performance Dashboard
10 thoughts on “MB2-710 – Complete Revision Guide”
Hey, ta for all the work in this blog
I’ve gone through the DLP course many times on my commute to work and have been a real life office 365 and Crm admin for the last 2 years. I’m more than happy with the course content.
Do you feel that this should be enough prep for the exam or am I missing something fundamental?
Firstly thanks for reading my blog.
I do think anyone preparing for the MB2-710 exam shouldn’t completely depend on information in my posts or on DLP.
Hands-on experience is also really important.
But if you have done CRM certifications before and you have a couple of years experience I would expect you to not struggle.
It is really hard for me to comment if you are ready! I can say that the exam isn’t easy so you do need to prepare. But I personally didn’t find the exam as hard as other Microsoft certifications. (Having said that I’m not sure how much you can judge from that!)
In my opinion, read as many blogs as you can and watch the DLP videos. Then make sure you have hands-on experience of each subject covered.
If you do all of that …. you should be fine. Good luck.
Let me know how you get on.
took the exam today, scored a 917 which im amazed at. I think I overdid the revision on the exam and spent too much time trying to convince myself that I was ready for the exam.
Now Ive done one I dont really fear the exam process so that is good, so roll on 712.
Ta for the help now and going forward
Well done Lee, great result. Glad my blog helped.
I have to certification on following could you please provide the reading/review material on the same.
• 81059: Customization in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales and Customer Service
• 81060: Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales and Customer Service
Thanks for reading my blog. I am yet to start posts on the newer Dynamics 365 exams but I will soon.
Pingback: Dynamics 365 certifications study links – Hosk's Dynamic CRM Blog
I managed to pass MB2-715 today!! although these notes are for MB2-710 they helped a lot for the preparation.
Thanks very much for putting together such a great website.
Thank you very much for the guide, I help a lot.
Pass the exam with 958 points.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well done Carlos, amazing result.