Microsoft have recently released updates to the Dynamics 365 exams, I’m about to take the sales exam and therefore intend to publish revision notes for the new MB 210 exam. (Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales).
It doesn’t feel long since I completed the previous version of the sales exam, MB2-717. The MB 210 exam is so new that it’s still described as being a beta exam, although I assume that “tag” will be dropped after a short period.
Much of my revision (and therefore revision notes) will be common for this new exam and the previous one. But since MB2-717 we now have the new Unified Interface meaning many of the concepts will be common but the look and feel of screens may have significantly changed. I will be updating any screen shots and commenting on navigation changes during my posts.
Being a brand-new exam means (currently) learning materials maybe slightly limited. Therefore, my regular preparation ritual of very carefully reviewing the skills measured statement will be even more important than normal. I’ll need to be really confident I’ve understood all of the requirements.
So, step one in my preparation (as always) involves me printing the skills measured statement and highlighting everything new or areas I know need to focus on. I’m sure your time, like mine is precious. I’ll want to fully prepare for the exam but I also won’t want to waste time covering loads of irrelevant content.
One thing that really stood out was how many times the words configuration and configure are used … I think I counted at least 25 occurrences! This suggests (to me) that we’ll need to be very confident on our understanding of how to configure and maybe even have an appreciation of some customization capabilities.
If you’ve previously completed the MB2-717 exam, then something else to look for are any new subjects that you might not be familiar with. Examples might include word templates for quotes, PowerBI, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, social selling and possibly more.
None of the Microsoft exams are easy and I suspect this one will be no exception. But we do have a new incentive for passing this exam, as also passing the “Customer Engagement Core” exam (MB-200) will provide us with a new certification … “Dynamics 365 for Sales Functional Consultant Associate”. (Catchy name!! )
FYI: MB-200 is the new core customer engagement exam. So, to be a Microsoft Certified Associate you’ll need it plus the sales exam. Or you can also become a “Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate” by passing the MB-230 exam!
So now is the time you should closely review the skills measured statement … I have given the details below to get you started. Enjoy!!
Configure sales settings
- Configure sales territories
- Configure default revenue type
- Configure auto number settings
- Configure business closures
- Configure fiscal year
- Configure currencies
- Configure sales team roles
- Configure sales security roles
- Configure goal management components
- Create and manage sales collateral
- Configure relationship cards
- Configure record creation rules
- Configure out of the box sales business process flows
Create and configure sales visualizations
- Configure sales content pack for Power BI
- Configure sales dashboards
- Design and create sales charts
- Execute and analyze sales reports
Configure integration with external sales applications
- Implement Sales Insights
- Implement social selling assistant
- Implement LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Create and manage leads
- Create and search for leads
- Convert activities to leads
- Perform lead qualification
- Configure status reasons
Create and manage opportunities
- Create and search for opportunities
- Close opportunity as won or lost
- Track stakeholders and product team
- Add product line items to opportunities
- Configure status reasons
Create and manage quotes
- Add quotes to opportunities
- Edit quotes in various stages
- Send quotes to customers
- Covert quotes to orders
- Create a template from a quote
Create and manage sales order processing
- Create and manage orders
- Create and manage invoices
- Create and manage competitors
Create and manage product and product catalog
- Configure products families, bundles and products
- Configure price lists
- Configure discount lists
- Configure unit groups
- Configure project lifecycle