I have been completing a series of posts to help people prepare for the MB2-715 certification (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Online Deployment). Here is a collection of links to all of those posts. I hope these might serve as a useful revision aid for the MB2-715 exam.
The MB2-715 certification is not easy! But deployment is an important topic and one you will really enjoy learning about.
In my opinion the MB2-715 differs slightly in its style to some of the other certifications such as MB2-716 (customization). As its scope contains some topics that are possibly more theoretical, such as how plan for updates or understanding the licensing options. But even so, I still encourage everyone to try as many of the features discussed hands on. Do not rely on theory alone!
Note: This is almost a complete guide!! I will be adding the final few posts very soon. So please check back!
Create a Customer Organizational Structure
Support the Microsoft Dynamics 365 client environment
- Validate minimum browser requirements for devices utilizing the web interface to access Microsoft Dynamics 365, ensure client devices meet the minimum hardware specifications, support outlook integration by using Outlook or Outlook with Dynamics 365 App for Outlook installed, manage phone and tablet client environments
Deploy Microsoft Dynamics
- Determine the proper edition of Microsoft Dynamics 365 suited for the client; determine the proper pricing, packaging, and subscription model based on the needs of the organizational environment; create a deployment plan to meet organizational considerations
Import data into the Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment
- Design a data import plan, import data through supported methodologies, upload data from on-premises to Azure, manage large volume migrations with the Data Loader service
Manage the Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment
- Sign-up and cancel subscriptions, manage users, configure SSO and AD synchronization within hybrid environments with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), configure administrative access, assign roles
Administer the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Environment
- Deploy appropriate number and types of instances for designated environments, deploy sandbox and production instances, configure and edit instance properties
- Switch an instance, reset an instance, delete an instance, copy an instance, manage regions and multiple tenant environments, manage storage and resources, manage administrative email notifications
- Design a Microsoft Dynamics 365 update policy; review, approve, and skip updates; schedule updates
Integrate Microsoft Dynamics with Other Applications
Integrate Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive with Microsoft Dynamics
- Configure Exchange server synchronization for incoming and outgoing traffic, manage folder based tracking flows, manage SharePoint integration, enable OneDrive for Business, configure control access and folder structure for SharePoint
Integrate other Microsoft Online Business Solutions with Microsoft Dynamics
- Manage OneNote integration, manage Microsoft Social Engagement integration, manage Yammer integration, manage workspace collaboration with Office 365 Groups, manage and configure Delve integration
Integrate customized and third party applications with Microsoft Dynamics
- Configure and manage app modules, create customized function apps with App Designer, create site maps by using Design App Mapper, obtain access to additional apps through App Source and Power Apps
Note: Delve Integration relies on Office Graph Integration. Microsoft removed Office Graph Integration from Dynamics 365 on 31st August 2017.
<< App Designer >>
<< App Source >>
<< Power Apps >>
Manage Microsoft Outlook and Mobile Environments
Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Outlook
- Manage supported environments for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook, deploy Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook through multiple methods, configure Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook to connect to multiple instances, configure synchronized fields, perform basic functions using the Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook interface
Manage and configure mobile apps for Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics 365 for phones express and newer Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Phones and Tablets, configure entities and security privileges, manage CRM forms and dashboard
<< Outlook >>
<< Mobile Apps >>